50th Birthday Cake Ideas
These 50th birthday cake ideas can be a lot of fun and there are tons of
creative and unique ways to make these cakes. If you have the talent you can make elaborate cakes yourself, and for those with a lack in
that area, you can always have one specially made.
BUT, these cakes don't have to be elaborate, they can be simple and just have a very funny saying on them!
Now, you don't have to be a professional baker to make great 50th birthday cakes!
You just need some creativity, an oven and the ingredients.
I'm no professional baker, in the future I am looking to try out making
some cakes and I'll be sure to post the pictures on here as well!
If you try any of these cake ideas, we would love to know how they turned out!
- Make the cake in the shape of "50", as shown here.
stencil and print on standard paper which fits perfectly on a jelly roll
or half sheet pan. (Click the picture to download the PDF template.)
Bake 2 pans, cut each in the "50" shapes and then layer them. Decorate in colors to match your party theme.
More Fun 50th Birthday Cake Ideas
- A cake in the shape of a coffin. Use black icing with white trim to
outline the coffin.
You might also want to use one of our 50th birthday cake sayings to
the cake with a quirky fun saying.
You can get the coffin shaped cake pan from this online supplier, Global Sugar Art.
Really Fun 50th Birthday Cake Ideas
- Cute Over the Hill Idea (like the image shown): Make a cake with a few tiers to it, round the tiers off to make it into
the shape of a hill. Cover the cake with green icing, and maybe green coconut for grass, and add a little
figure person at the top of the hill or just starting the journey down
hill like the picture here.
- Create or buy a cake in the shape of two feet with a toe tag attached to one of them
- Some bakery shops and stores can print out a picture in icing to
top a cake. You can pick your favorite picture, or create a collage of
pictures to go on top of a cake.
- Create or buy any cake and decorate it with 50's.
There's always the option of just buying a basic cake and decorating it
with 50 candles, and when displaying the cake put a bucket of water
beside it with a label saying "in case of fire".
- Use free clipart to design your cake's decoration as a photo image or pictures made with icing. Find clipart on the Free Birthday Cake Clipart page.
- If your birthday person is into music, how about a guitar shape? We have a free template PDF you can download for making the perfect cake! Or if you prefer to just buy the guitar shaped pan, Global Sugar Art has one.
These 50th birthday cake ideas don't have to be used just for fifty year olds.
You can use any cake, any style and just add to it or change it,
like the number 50 or something else to personalize it to the guest of
Share your creation with the world at Share Your Story. We would love to see what you achieved!