50th Birthday Gifts for Men
Need 50th birthday gifts for men?
Do you want something that is just perfect, but he's the kind of guy that is so hard to buy for?
Check out our ideas - we've got the perfect gifts for him!
Although the page says these are 50th birthday gift for men, does not necessarily mean he needs to be turning 50 to get gifts like these... you can use these for ANY age, and for any guy deserving of a great birthday gift!
Remember, if you think the gift is practical and useful - like clothes or socks - he won't like it!!
The gift for him needs to be something he would die to have but wouldn't buy himself.
Or something he would never thing to buy. When buying 50th birthday gifts for men remember throw practicality out the window.
Think ... toys ... electronics ... gizmos ... gadgets!!
If you look at the gift and say "this is really cool, but why would I spend money on it?" then that is likely a great idea for a gift for men!
Here are a few examples of 50th birthday gifts for men that you can buy in the above mentioned catergories: Electronics:
Every man likes some form of electronic; be it for watching TV, playing games, for his car or truck, etc.
Diamonds are a girls best friend, electronics are likely closing in on being a guys best friend (apart from possibly the remote or beer!)
You can buy him things like:
- A new cell phone (maybe an Iphone, or the newest Android)
- Ipod or maybe if he's spoiled an Ipad
- New flat screen TV, even further get a 3D one
- Upgrade his computer (or upgraded pieces for his computer, like a new video card)
- Hands free headset for the car/truck
- Satelite radio for the car/truck with a years subscription
- Remote starter for his car/truck, or an alarm system
Now these are the 50th birthday gifts for men where you think up his favorite past time and go big!
Here's some ideas for the more common hobbies. Golf
- Gift certificates for rounds of golf at his favorite club
- New set of golf clubs
- A golfing weekend at a club out of town
- New accessories, like shoes, tees, bag, etc.
- For the beginner types, why not get him some lessons
In Need of Guys Night Out
- Tickets to his favorite sporting team (hockey, football, etc)
- Memorabilia for his favorite team
- Season passes to the local games
- Jersey with his favorite team, maybe have his name embroidered on the back
The Outdoors Kind of Guy
- Buy him a poker table with the chips
- Schedule a guys poker night at your place (you can choose to be the server for the night, or go out with the girls while they lose their money)
- Fishing equipment so he's all set for the weekend fishing trips
- Gift cards for beer
- Arrange a fishing trip for him and his buddies for a weekend
- Buy him a some new fishing or camping gear
- Guided tours to new hiking areas
- Romantic weekend at a cottage
- Buy him the new video game he wants
- Get him the console system he's been dying to buy (like an Xbox or PS3)
- Upgrades to his computer
- Dedicate a weekend to gaming with him
- Find a game you can play together
Gadgets & Gizmos:
This is another fasination for many guys. This would be deemed the "toys" section. Those things you just shake you head when he buys them and brings them home.
These are the 50th birthday gifts for men that sound really cool, but we could all live without. But they are also a ton of fun to buy someone, because these are definitely things they would not buy themselves - which means they would really enjoy the gift that much more!
- A new watch that tells not only the time, but also the temperature, his location, and more
- Universal remote, one you can program everything including the kitchen sink
- Hands free car kit, one that does the phone calls, plays and stores music, has GPS - go all out
- A GPS system or stereo system of his car/truck
- A mouse for his PC that does everything for his gaming needs
There are also a ton of other ideas that could or could not fall into the above categories:
- Load money on his favorite gambling site
- Be a host for a night for a poker or fight night. He gets to invite his friends, you do the cooking, serving and cleaning, just like if they were at the bar.
- Buy tools, accessories for his car, or memorabilia for his favorite teams.
- Be his slave for a day (and maybe you will get the same for your birthday!)
- Buy him a trip for you to... make it somewhere he would want of course... like Vegas or Mexico.
More 50th Birthday Gifts for Men
You could always get out the art supplies and make something really special. These are the gifts you give him when it's just you to because they can be really cheesy but every guy will love it no matter the cheese factor!
Things you can make are a scrapbook about how much you love him, write him a poem or song, create a DVD with pictures of the two of you, draw something for him, video tape yourself singing him a song, or just talking about how much you love him and why.
And of course, you can always be the romantic one and make him dinner with candles and all.
Also, who said a girl can't buy flowers - get him chocolates and flowers! Any guy will be surprised to get flowers (make them manly flowers, not pink ones). You can also get something personalized for him. If he's an executive at work, buy him a nice pen set engraved with is name. You can have a bracelet, necklace or ring engraved for him.
In the end these are many ideas of 50th birthday gifts for men that I can think of, but you know your man best! Just put a little thought into it, I'm sure he will love it!!
Return from 50th Birthday Gifts for Men